Terms & Conditions
1.1 This document sets out the Terms and Conditions by which ArtBase agrees to provide services to You and your Child/ren.
1.2 When you pay for or when your Child receives a service from us, you are signifying your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. The current terms can be found on our Website. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with them before you book or purchase any of our services.
1.3 We reserve the right to modify, cancel or append to these Terms and Conditions at any time. The current Terms and Conditions always appear on our Website.
2. Securing a Place on an ArtBase Class
2.1 You can apply for place on a course for your Child by completing and returning an Application Form or emailing a request for a place.
2.2 If your Child has a place you will receive confirmation via email.
2.3 Payment is due at the beginning of the course unless otherwise agreed.
3. Refunds and Cancellations
3.1 We reserve the right to cancel a whole course or session without notice. If we cancel a course or session for reasons other than those listed below, full refunds will be given unless a replacement course or session can be scheduled.
If any Session cannot be run due to the compulsory closure of premises by order of a competent authority (eg School, Local Authority, Environmental Health Etc), due to bad weather (e.g. Snow, Ice, Flood etc), outbreak of a human infectious or contagious condition (eg Influenza, Meningitis), Industrial Action (teaching strike etc) or for any other reason, you will be liable for any fees due and no refunds will be given.
3.2 You may cancel your child’s untaken sessions at any time for any reason by emailing us.
3.3 If the place in the untaken sessions can be filled from the waiting list a full refund of payments for untaken sessions minus a £10 admin fee will be paid.
3.4 With regards to after-school clubs, if the place in the untaken sessions cannot be filled from the Waiting List and the half-term point has not been passed a 50% refund of payment for untaken sessions minus a £10 administration fee will be paid. If the place in the untaken sessions cannot be filled from the waiting list and the half-term point has been passed no refund will be given.
3.5 With regards to Holiday Workshops, cancellations made 7 days or more before the date of the workshops are entitled to a full refund. Cancellations less than 5-7 days before the date of the workshop have to pay 50% of the total cost owed, unless the place can be filled. Cancellations less than 48 hours before the date of the workshop have to pay 100% of the total cost owed.
3.6 Sessions missed by Children will not be refunded.
4.1 We do our best to accommodate all children however we reserve the right to exclude pupils from classes if their behaviour is unacceptably aggressive, disruptive, impolite or dangerous. Our decision on exclusions is final.
5.1 We reserve the right to alter, vary, omit or substitute any part or parts of any Session or Course described in any promotional or other materials published by us or on our behalf.
5.2 In the event of any change in any content as described above, we will have no liability to refund any part of any fee paid.
6. Allergies, Health & Injuries
6.1 It is your responsibility to provide complete, accurate and current health information for each child attending the course. Every effort will be made to observe the information provided but this cannot be guaranteed.
6.2 We accept children on the assumption that they are in good health and it is your responsibility to alert us to any medical complaint or history suffered by your child.
7.1 We do not accept responsibility for any loss or expense due to circumstances beyond our control, including, but not limited to, delays in public transport, weather, quarantine, sickness, strikes or other industrial action, terrorism, fire and riot.
8.1 ArtBase teachers will do their best to ensure that your child’s clothing is protected from the art materials used, however we accept no responsibility for and damage to your child’s clothing or property before, during or after any our sessions.
8.2 Mobile phones and electronic devices are not encouraged, however if a child brings a phone or device into a workshop, ArtBase takes no responsibility for any damage or loss incurred.
9. Contact details
9.1 It is your responsibility to ensure that we have correct current contact details for you and all adults authorised to pick up your child.
10. GDPR compliance and your information
10.1 Your Information
From May 25th 2018, a new data protection law comes into being. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is aimed at giving people more control over their personal data. In order for us to send emails announcing our workshop schedule, as well as process enquiries and bookings, it is necessary for us to collect and record certain forms of your information, including (but not limited to) email address, telephone number and home address. By ticking the opt-in boxes on our booking forms and opting in to our mailing list, you consent to us doing so. However, you may ask that all of your personal data be removed from our records at any time.
Should you book with us, you may request that all your personal information is removed from our records once the workshop has is finished. We will never share your personal information with any other business or person.
ArtBase Online Class Policy and Guidelines
In order to create a safe environment for pupils and staff when taking part in ArtBase Zoom classes the following considerations must be observed. By accepting the Zoom meeting ID and joining the meeting, with parental responsibility, you agree to the terms set out in this document.
- Our children’s Zoom classes are only to be accessed by a device in a communal family space.
- The children’s Zoom classes should be supervised by an adult to deal with any technical difficulties.
- The meeting ID is to remain confidential and not to be shared with anyone that it was not designated to. Each Zoom class will have a different password which will be emailed to participants before the sessions.
- We require that children only use first names or appropriate nicknames on screen.
- Strictly no recording, photography or screenshots of the Zoom class are allowed by participants. Participants seen to be breaking this rule will be immediately banned.
- On entering the meeting, participants must validate their identity by face to face contact with the host. Once validated participants can choose to turn off their video if they do not wish to be visible during the class.
- The Zoom class will be recorded by the hosting teacher and accessible for 7 days following the class, after which it will be deleted. If you do not wish your child to be visible on the recording you can disable the video function before the recording starts.
- The Zoom class will be locked by the teacher 5 minutes after the start time so that it can only be accessed by authorised participants. Unfortunately, anyone arriving late to the meeting will not be able to gain access even with meeting ID, but will be sent a copy of the recording as soon as it is available.
- For participants some Zoom facilities will be disabled by the host teacher. This includes but is not limited to the screen record function, chat and screen share.
- Lastly the same behaviour expectations that are set within a classroom apply to the Zoom class and the teacher retains the right to terminate a pupil’s participation. Please be conscious of background environments and others in the room.