Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.art-base.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google Analytics to track the performance of the website. Any browsing information that we gather is anonymous.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
We only use your personal information to provide you the Contently services or to communicate with you about the services or the Website
We employ industry standard techniques to protect against unauthorized access of data about you that we store, including personal information.
Your contact information
You are able to view, change and remove your data associated with your profile. Should you choose to delete your account, please contact us and we will follow up with such request as soon as possible.
We do not share personal information you have provided to us without your consent, unless:
– doing so is appropriate to carry out your own request;
– we believe it’s needed to enforce our Terms of Service, or that is legally required;
– we believe it’s needed to detect, prevent or address fraud, security or technical issues;
– otherwise protect our property, legal rights, or that of others.
We don’t share your personal information with third parties. Only aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the ArtBase Website and service. We currently use Google Analytics (traffic analysis, SEO optimization), Mailchimp (mailing list management). We listed below what data these third parties extract exactly. Feel free to check out their own Privacy Policies to find out more.
– Google Analytics: anonymous (ad serving domains, browser type, demographics, language settings, page views, time/date), pseudonymous (IP address)
We also use social buttons provided by services like Instagram and Facebook. Your use of these third party services is entirely optional. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third party services, and you are responsible for reading and understanding those third party services’ privacy policies.
How we protect your data
We take the protection of your personal information seriously and aim to ensure this this site is as secure as possible. We have implemented restrictions related to the storage of and the ability to access your personal information. These include:
- Daily malware scanning done automatically on our hosting servers.
- Making regular, secure backups of your website data.
- Backups are kept in secure storage.
- Encouraging strong, unique passwords on all user accounts, using the integrated password strength indicator tool and encouraging user to change passwords periodically.
- Limiting the number of people with access to the website’s CMS and admin
- Restricting access to sensitive website files with current best hardening practices.
- Individual accounts for users – no shared logins.
- Removing accounts (or reset of associated passwords) when employees with user accounts leave our community
- Transferring of website files between local to public environments by secure transfer protocols (SFTP).
Our website platform is continually being upgraded and maintained by our website provider to keep up to date with latest versions, security practices and technologies, to help minimise security risk.
Please note that no transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
What data breach procedures we have in place
In case of a data breach, our system administrators will go through affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed after informing the user. We will create a fresh backup, scan the site for malware and attempt to identify the breach, removing any associated code and means of access. Subsequently we will look at preventative measures that will prevent a similar breach from happening again, and take action where possible.